Birthing From Within
**Due to COVID-19 all classes held virtually via Zoom**
Our Birthing from Within classes are engaging, interactive, creative classes that engage the mind, body, and heart to prepare you for a confident, mindful, loving birth. In addition to giving you the evidence-based information you need to navigate birth in modern society, these Birthing From Within classes will help you develop the tools you need to find your own unique path through the initiation of giving birth.
Each class includes: a different mindfulness pain coping technique; an informational module on pregnancy and birth; a multi-sensory activity to integrate and embody the lessons; and a ceremonial closing.
"Pam made me feel empowered, in-the-know, and at ease even when the many changes of birth came into play!
And when I didn’t feel at ease, she had given us tools to deal with that too!” ~ Victoria W.
2022 Class Schedule Thursdays 6:30PM-9PM (Cost - $375)
- Jan 6, 13, 20, 27 and Feb 3
- Feb 10, 17, 24, and March 3, 10
- June 16, 23, 30 and July 7, 14
- July 28 and Aug 4, 11, 18, 25
- Sept 8, 15, 22, 19 and Oct 6
- Oct 20, 27 and Nov 3, 10, 17
- Dec 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
What You Get
- A hands-on, interactive, creative 5 week class series. Cost is for two people. Please inquire about additional attendees or about private classes.
- Information and knowledge that you need to make informed decisions about your pregnancy and birth
- A deeper connection to your own inner knowing and to your partner
- A different mindfulness based pain coping practice in each class
- Hands on practice with different positions and pain coping techniques
- Hands on practice for your partner on how to support you during labor
- A community of other parents in a similar place in the birthing journey
- Many helpful handouts and freebies for you and your partner to refer back to later, plus additional resources
- Access to Pam via email/text/phone to answer questions pertaining to the information provided in the class
- Access to a free meditation to help you connect with your baby
What To Bring
- Ice cubes.
- A towel or washcloth to catch drips from the ice cubes
- Paper and art materials. Do you have big paper? Bring that. Do you just have printer paper? That's fine too. You'll need pastels (my first choice) or markers, crayons, or colored pencils. Even a pen can work if you don't have any art materials on hand.
- A notebook and pen for taking notes
- Water, snacks, and comfy clothes for class
- An open mind
Meet Your Educator
I’m Pamela Adams. I’m a Birthing from Within trained birth mentor and doula. I’m also an ancestral healer who’s passionate about decolonizing birth through community care and ritual.
I believe birth is a sacred rite of passage and should be honored as such. In caring for parents, I seek to help parents connect with their own inner knowing so they can walk with confidence into the initiation of parenthood.
I offer mentoring, education, and healing from the preconception phase all the way to the postpartum phase. I would be honored to walk with you on this journey.