Birthing Babies Virginia is the Seminar program and it is being taught by Jamie Mueller, a local Lamaze Educator and Doula who lives in Lovettsville, VA and is a contracted doula with Balanced Birth Support.
The first step to becoming a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator is to take the 3 day educator seminar. This seminar also comes with a free year of membership to the Lamaze DC Chapter which will mentor you, provide you with CEUs, and advertise your classes on your behalf.
When: Oct 14-16th from 9-5
Where: Chevy Chase MD
Link for registration: https://birthingbabiesva.com/childbirtheducator/chevychase/
Early bird pricing available till Sept 14th
Cost: $450 for the seminar.
In order to successfully complete the seminar participants are expected to:
- Submit application and payment prior to the start of seminar.
- Attend and participate in the entire three day seminar.
- Teach an assigned topic from Lamaze’s Six Healthy Birth Practices on Day 3 of the seminar.
Benefits of a BBVA Training:
- The three day, interactive training will provide information on establishing your business, growing your network, and developing your curriculum.
- Ongoing email support—Have questions about the exam? Trying to figure out how to teach a particular topic? Shoot us an email and we will be happy to share what we know and point you in the right direction to gain additional information.
- Consultations—Phone and video conferencing options available to participants.
- Business Building Webinars—After the seminar, join us for our monthly Business Building Webinars to make sure you are hitting your intended audiences.
- Exam Prep Study Groups—Join us for a weekly, hosted, study group to make sure you are on the right track leading up to the Lamaze Exam! Offered twice annually in conjunction with the Lamaze Exams.
- Newsletters—Email newsletters will make sure that you stay up to date with developments in childbirth education and business.
Author: Renee Corbino
Renee keeps Balanced Birth Support organized and amazing as the Administrative Manager. She lives in Sarasota, Florida with her husband and two cute little boys. She is a breech birthing mama and supporter of empowering births.