Virginia Hospital Center is well-known in Northern Virginia as a safe and sophisticated hospital with excellent care for mother and baby.
Amenities such as private rooms with bathrooms and showers, daily quiet time from 2-4pm, newborn care provided bed side for both vaginal and c-section deliveries, lactation support for the entire family, and highly praised postpartum care focused on preparing the family to bring baby home, all clearly demonstrate that VHC is a family focused hospital.
VHC also has a c-section rate well below the national average.
Virginia Hospital Center’s Marjorie Sands NICU is a Level III with Children’s Hospital Neonatologists on staff every day.
There are 28 private rooms, with special rooms specifically for twins and triples, plus two “going home” suites to help prepare families to bring their baby home.
VHC has a thriving relationship with the midwives from Arlington Women’s Center, offering “high touch, low tech” births for families wanting a midwife birth in a hospital setting.
Mothers in labor should be dropped off at The Women and Infant Health Center Lobby. Be prepared to show an ID if you arrive after 8pm. Temporary parking for Labor & Delivery can also be found curbside in front of 1701 N. George Mason Drive. A temporary permit is required and can be picked up from the security office in the lobby.
Long term parking in Garage C $5 total.
Labor & Delivery is located on the 3rd Floor.
After hours: You may need to ring an intercom near the sliding door
Visiting hours are 11am-7pm, seven days a week.
Breakfast 6:30 am – 10:15 am
Lunch 10:45 am – 2:00 pm
Express 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Dinner 4:00 – 7:00 pm
The Cafeteria is closed daily from 10:15 to 10:45 am.
Located in the dining room next to the cafeteria
Parking B, C | Zone B,
10:00am – 1:00 am – 7 days a week
Lobby of the Main Hospital (Zone A)
Monday – Friday
7:00 am-8:00 pm
7:00 am – 2:30 pm
Amenities & Features for Birth/Postpartum
- Midwives with delivery privileges
Monica wireless monitors available
- Private labor & delivery rooms
- Breastfeeding & Postpartum Support Groups
- Private Triage Rooms
- Dedicated c-section operating rooms
- Private postpartum rooms
- Day bed for partner
- Rooming-in with baby encouraged
- Private c-section recovery rooms with baby at your side
- All postpartum nurses are Certified Inpatient Breastfeeding
- 24/7 anesthesia, ob/gyn, pediatricians, neonatologists
- State-of-the-art infant security system
- Free Wifi
- Lactation consultants available 7 days a week
- Lactation classes
- Family nourishment room with vending machines, microwave, table and TV
- Refrigerators available (can not store food here; only for hospital provided snacks)
- Peanut & Birth Balls available, Squat bar upon request
Placenta Removal- Placenta must be removed within 4 hours
Some wireless monitoring upon request
24-48 hours after a normal vaginal delivery with no complications.
48-72 hours after a cesarean birth
Coordinated mother-baby care to minimize separation after birth
Free Hospital Tour
For detailed hosptial statistics
Share this Post
Have a suggested edit? Drop it in the comments below and we will be sure to check it out! Our goal is to provide accurate birthing options!