Birthing Babies Virginia is the Seminar program and it is being taught by Jamie Mueller, a local Lamaze Educator and Doula who lives in Lovettsville, VA and is a contracted doula with Balanced Birth Support.
The first step to becoming a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator is to take the 3 day educator seminar. This seminar also comes with a free year of membership to the Lamaze DC Chapter which will mentor you, provide you with CEUs, and advertise your classes on your behalf.
When: Oct 14-16th from 9-5
Where: Chevy Chase MD
Link for registration: https://birthingbabiesva.com/childbirtheducator/chevychase/
Early bird pricing available till Sept 14th
Cost: $450 for the seminar.
In order to successfully complete the seminar participants are expected to:
- Submit application and payment prior to the start of seminar.
- Attend and participate in the entire three day seminar.
- Teach an assigned topic from Lamaze’s Six Healthy Birth Practices on Day 3 of the seminar.
Benefits of a BBVA Training:
- The three day, interactive training will provide information on establishing your business, growing your network, and developing your curriculum.
- Ongoing email support—Have questions about the exam? Trying to figure out how to teach a particular topic? Shoot us an email and we will be happy to share what we know and point you in the right direction to gain additional information.
- Consultations—Phone and video conferencing options available to participants.
- Business Building Webinars—After the seminar, join us for our monthly Business Building Webinars to make sure you are hitting your intended audiences.
- Exam Prep Study Groups—Join us for a weekly, hosted, study group to make sure you are on the right track leading up to the Lamaze Exam! Offered twice annually in conjunction with the Lamaze Exams.
- Newsletters—Email newsletters will make sure that you stay up to date with developments in childbirth education and business.
Author: Renee Corbino
Renee keeps Balanced Birth Support organized and amazing as the Administrative Manager. She lives in Northern Virginia with her awesome fire fighting husband and two cute little boys. She is a breech birthing mama and supporter of empowering births.